a photo journey

~ Make sure to look through October for pictures from my trip to Italy. This whole working thing is really throwing off my regular-posting groove!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Easter Flowers

So I've decided that from week to week I will take enough pictures to take care of my 5 picture-a-week quote. This means that the weekend pics will be a selection from my favourite pictures from 2009 and earlier. I might even try to do a 'on this day in history' theme... but I think that might be a little too much, even for me!

This picture is from Easter Saturday, April 2007. Micah and I were getting ready to go to the Cathedral in Ely for our confirmation. I decided to wear my Easter dress I had made for Easter 2006. This was the same dress that I wore at our first wedding in May 06. Let's just say I absolutely adore this dress.

In the mid-afternoon, I decided I wanted flowers for my hair. The above is the result of picking flowers from the bushes along the path leading to our maisonette. Not a bad take eh? Micah's sister helped with pinning in the flowers after I had braided my hair and pinned it up.

This picture was the start of an absolutely fantastic Easter celebration. I am so very blessed.


Taken April 2007 - outside our apartment, Cambridge, England

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favourite pictures, and one of my favourite memories. That was a great weekend.

    I like the new side-bar items. :)

    ReplyDelete