a photo journey

~ Make sure to look through October for pictures from my trip to Italy. This whole working thing is really throwing off my regular-posting groove!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Milan - Milan Duomo

And here begins the fun of reliving my holidays in June. I hope you enjoy this as much as I know I will!

I'm not positive, but from what I can tell, Milan decided that Florence couldn't have the only Dome around and they build their own. (Yes, this is not a picture of a dome... very good.) The wall of the west door has an incredible collection of sculptures, as most west doors are want to do. The spires at the top were also lovely, and the shot above features a sample of these spires. Also, how cool is the moon? We could not have asked for a bluer sky or a more perfect day for wandering the streets of Milan. I also took this picture on the walk to see the church above.

taken June 2010 - Milan Duomo, Milan

1 comment: